Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Week 1

   I apologize that I have not done this blog post before now but I got really busy and then I got sick Monday so this post has been delayed longer than I wanted it to be.

   Week 1 went pretty well. I put a heat pack on my shoulder 2-3 times a day with massaging it either before or after I put the heat pack on it. I then put the essential oil (that I mentioned in an earlier post) on it.

   Overall, my shoulder felt pretty good. I did Hip-Hop class on Tuesday and I didn't have any pain afterwards. It felt amazing! I normally can only do Hip-Hop full out (with my arms) for about 15 minutes before my shoulder starts hurting but that night there was only one move that I had to modify a little bit because it hurt and I had no pain after the class was over.

   I proceeded to do the therapy Wednesday and Thursday and then also did Yoga on Thursday night. The thing that I like about Yoga is that it is the one exercise that did not hurt my shoulder afterwards. Some of the moves would hurt my shoulder, especially if I did them for a while, but there was almost no pain after Yoga class. Thursday night, I could not hold some poses for longer than 30 seconds because my shoulder would start to hurt, but I made it through and felt refreshed and energized afterwards.

   This weekend I got a little bit behind. I only put the heat pack on, massaged it, and put oil on my shoulder about 2 times a day but it still felt pretty good. Monday morning I did my normal therapy but then I got sick and did not continue with it the rest of the day. My sickness carried over into Tuesday and I did not have time to do the therapy this morning. Consequently, my shoulder is in more pain this afternoon than it has been since I started but still...it is not as much pain as I had in it before I started the therapy. I am definitely going to go home right now and do my therapy while trying to relax and feel better from my recent sickness.

Next post: Week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment